Plug out the power adapter of your modem/router. Check if all the LEDS on your modem/router went off. (If not, you must have plugged out the wrong cable. Please, check this).
Wait 10 seconds. Plug in the power adapter.
Connect your modem/router directly and as close as possible to the entrance point where the telephone line enters your building. Use another cable. Leave out splitters, telephony and all other devices (e.g., routers, switches, hubs, etc.). Restart your modem/router.
The performance of your internet connection depends on the quality of your phone line. Please, contact Proximus first to solve the issue with your phone line.
You have to check if your Proximus telephony is working fine anyways. Otherwise, your troubleshooting will be wrong and you’ll be searching for a solution in the wrong direction. Please, connect a telephone device to your phone line, try to call a number and check if the telephony is working fine.
Connect another 100%-working modem/router to your line.
Keep in mind that the modem/router should be of the same type as your own modem:
- an ADSL ISDN-modem (Annex B) if you have an ISDN line
- an ADSL PSTN-modem (Annex A) if you have a PSTN line or a raw copper and ADSL on it
- a VDSL-modem if you have a VDSL-line
Connect your modem/router to another line of the same type (at your neighbour's, in the office, at home, etc).
Keep in mind that the line should be of the same type as in the place where the issue is pending:
- if you have an ISDN line, test only on the ISDN-line (don’t forget to set up Annex B in your modem/router)
- if you have a VDSL line, test only on the VDSL line (don’t forget to set up Annex B in your modem/router)
- if you have an ADSL line, test only on the ADSL line
In case your modem is from edpnet and still falls under warranty, contact our customer service to replace your device.
In other cases, edpnet is ready to provide you with a test-modem. Contact our customer service.
Mo-Fri, 9h till 17h
Helpdesk: Mon-Fri, 8h till 19h
Call me back