How to generate a DTrace sample on a FRITZ!Box
DTrace is a performance analysis and troubleshooting tool which is included in the FRITZ!OS. The collected data will help edpnet helpdesk to find the cause of a problem much quicker. This is why it is highly recommended to generate a DTrace file on your FRITZ!Box and provide it to edpnet support.
Generating a DTrace
1. Enter the address http://fritz.box/support.lua in a webbrowser.
2. Click Packet Traces.
3. Start the DTrace.
4. Reproduce the issue (f.e., connect the ISDN device and make a few test calls).
5. Stop the dtrace and download the dtrace.txt file.
|NOTE! This file can be opened with an advanced text editor like Notepad++.|
Now the file is ready to be sent to edpnet for analysis:
- If you already have an open case at edpnet helpdesk, attach the files to your ticket.
- Send the files by e-mail to edpnet.