How do I set up dynamic DNS on my FRITZ!Box
With dynamic DNS, you can always access applications and services for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box (e.g., Microsoft Remote Desktop) at a fixed domain name from the Internet at all times, even though the public IP address of the FRITZ!Box changes on a regular basis.
Requirements & restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address.
- The advanced mode must be enabled on the user interface of your FRITZ!Box.
- Dynamic DNS is not available if the FRITZ!Box shares the Internet connection of another router (IP client mode, wireless repeater). In this case, configure dynamic DNS in the other router.
How to set up dynamic DNS
- Go to the interface of your FRITZ!Box by entering http://fritz.box/ in your webbrowser.
- Click Internet in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click Permit Access in the Internet menu.
- Click on the Dynamic DNS tab.
- Click the Help icon on the top right.
- Configure the dynamic DNS domain name as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the Dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the Internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.