What is a Worry Free Installation
The technician installs a Proximus wall socket (NTP 2007) and connects you to it. He also plugs in your modem and connects your computer to the network.
We will notify you of the planned installation date. The technician (from edpnet or Proximus) will call you before arrival.
IMPORTANT: it is very important that you know what to expect, and what not, as well as what we you need to do and think of beforehand. May we ask you to visit and carefully read the special webpage with all details. As they say, good agreements make good friends.
What do you need to prepare BEFORE the installation
- You should be available for the installation at all time at the telephone number that was provided during the ordering process.
- Upon arrival of the technician, you should be immediately available.
- It is crucial that you are aware of what the technician will do and will not do and where he needs to perform the work.
- Decide in advance where the NTP2007 will need to be installed and make sure that the technician is being informed of this location upon his arrival.
- Make sure that you have the necessary security clearance, keys, passwords … in order to guarantee that the technician has immediate and smooth access to:
- The building (if necessary, make the necessary arrangements with your security staff);
- The room where the Proximus entry point in the building is located;
- The server room (if necessary);
- Any other location where the technician may need to perform work.
- Make sure that free internal wiring is present between the Proximus entry point and the room where the modem is installed (or will be installed later).
- Make sure that at least one (1) 230V power socket is available at the location you want the NTP2007 installed.
- Remove any obstacles (furniture, boxes …) that may hinder the technician performing the installation.
THE INSTALLATION: What is included
- If required, a telecom installation
IMPORTANT: If you are planning to install your modem in another space than the one in which the Proximus entry point is located, or your modem is currently installed there (like in a server room, an apartment, a specific office somewhere in the building, …), you must ensure that there is free internal wiring present between the Proximus entry point and the desired location. Proximus nor edpnet are responsible for any internal wiring.
- Installation and configuration of the xDSL-modem (in case obtained via edpnet).
- Testing the line quality and –speed.
- If the technician considers it as necessary, placing telephone cabling (VVT) between the NTP2007 and the modem (max. 15 meters).
- Securing the wireless network.
- Connecting the xDSL modem onto the network card of 1 PC or laptop (network card not included).
Transport costs and 1 work hour are included in the price, as well is the eventual cost of the NTP2007 and the splitter.In case you already have an active xDSL connection
edpnet will perform a so-called pre-install in order to minimize the interruption of your internet access on the activation date, meaning that:
- We prepare your current installation for the activation of the new edpnet internet service
- The edpnet xDSL modem is being pre-configured and set up (though not yet connected)
IMPORTANT: Please inform us in advance of any specific configuration requirements (modem in bridge, port forwarding, ...)
You keep on using the internet via your “old” subscription (and equipment) until the switch to the new edpnet internet service. Upon activation, you need to physically connect the edpnet modem.
After the installation the technician will ask you to sign an intervention form.
THE INSTALLATION: What is not included
Any works not mentioned here-above as included are automatically NOT included, like for example, but not limited to, internal cabling works (between floors or rooms), the installation and/or configuration of any non-edpnet equipment, internal network or software...