What you need to knowDid you order a telecom installation? You will be informed about the installation date. The installation will be performed by either an edpnet or a Proximus technician. Prior to his arrival, the technician will take contact via the contact telephone number provided during the ordering process.
IMPORTANT:It is very important that you know what to expect, and what not, as well as what we you need to do and think of beforehand. May we ask you to visit and carefully read the special webpage with all details. As they say, good agreements make good friends.
What do you need to do BEFORE the installation
- During the day of the installation, the contact person for the installation should be available at all time at the telephone number that was provided during the ordering process.
- Upon arrival of the technician, the contact person should be immediately available.
- Whoever the designated contact person, it is crucial that (s)he is aware of:
- What the technician comes to do, and what not;
- Where the technician needs to perform work, or may need to.
- Decide in advance where the NTP2007 will need to be installed and make sure that the technician is being informed of this location upon his arrival by the contact person.
- Make sure that the contact person has the necessary security clearance, keys, passwords … in order to guarantee that the technician has immediate and smooth access to:
- The building (if necessary, make the necessary arrangements with your security staff);
- The room where the Proximus entry point in the building is located;
- The server room (if necessary);
- Any other location where the technician may need to perform work.
- Make sure that free internal wiring is present between the Proximus entry point and the room where the modem is installed (or will be installed later).
- Make sure that at least one (1) 230V power socket is available at the location you want the NTP2007 installed.
- Remove any obstacles (furniture, boxes …) that may hinder the technician performing the installation.
THE INSTALLATION: What is included
- If necessary, the technician will install an NTP2007 at the Proximus entry point in the building.
- The technician will assemble the (copper pair) line on the NTP2007 wall socket, then test it and finally label it with a Circuit ID.
- If there’s a copper pair between both these locations:
- It is preferred that you ask the technician to install the NTP2007 in the same room as where your equipment (modem, server rack …) is/will come. The modem can be installed where the NTP2007 is, being next to your equipment.
- If he doesn’t, then you can use this copper pair to patch the signal between the Proximus entry point (where the NTP2007 is) and your equipment (modem, server rack …).
IMPORTANT:If the copper pair line is of no good (enough) quality, the modem will need to be installed where the NTP2007 is, being at the Proximus entry point.
- If there’s no copper pair between both these locations:
- The technician will install the NTP2007 at the Proximus entry point;
- The modem will need to be installed where the NTP2007 is, being at the Proximus entry point.
- Transport costs are included in the price, as well is the possible cost of the NTP2007.
THE INSTALLATION: What is not included
- Installation of splitter(s)/filter(s).
- Perform any internal cabling works, neither horizontal (= on the same floor), nor vertical (between different floors), nor for esthetical purposes (hide them in cable ducts, neatly mount them at walls or in false ceilings).
IMPORTANT:If you are planning to install your modem in another space than the one in which the Proximus entry point is located, or your modem is currently installed there (like in a server room, an apartment, a specific office somewhere in the building, …), you must ensure that there is free internal wiring present between the Proximus entry point and the desired location. Neither Proximus nor edpnet are responsible for any internal wiring.
- Installation or configuration of any equipment (computer(s), VoIP telephone(s), Wi-Fi network, modem or router(s) ...).
- Installation or configuration of any software (operating system, e-mail client, anti-virus …).
- Installation or configuration of your internal network (firewall, switch(es), router(s), printer(s) or any other devices).
IMPORTANT:In case the technician cannot start with the installation for any reason whatsoever, like not being able to reach somebody via the contact telephone number, nobody being present or available at the moment of his arrival on site, no identification on the door bell, no access to a location, being denied permission to perform necessary works at a location …
- He will leave.
- The “Raw Copper Installation: Test & Label” will then be treated as a wrongful intervention*, and charged likewise.
- A new appointment date will have to be set, resulting in the DSL service being activated with a delay.
* A wrongful intervention is any work performed by the edpnet staff, remote or on-site, that proves to be useless as a result of customer’s fault or default. Following the general terms and conditions, the customer will be charged €123.14 VAT excl. / €149 VAT incl. for any wrongful intervention.
Please carefully read the Special Installation Terms and Conditions,
Please carefully read the full description of the Telecom (Test&Label) installation, which can be found here