What is a Telecom Installation
A telecom installation is purely the connection to the Proximus network. The technician mounts a Proximus wall socket (NTP 2007) and connects you to it. You connect other devices (e.g. modem) yourself.
Do you want the technician to also connect the modem and connect it to your computer? Then request a worry-free installationWe will notify you of the planned installation date. The technician (from edpnet or Proximus) will call you before arrival.
IMPORTANT: it is very important that you know what to expect, and what not, as well as what we you need to do and think of beforehand. May we ask you to visit and carefully read the special webpage with all details. As they say, good agreements make good friends.
What do you need to do BEFORE the installation
- You should be available for the installation at all time at the telephone number that was provided during the ordering process.
- Upon arrival of the technician, you should be immediately available.
- It is crucial that you are aware of what the technician will do and will not do and where he needs to perform the work.
- Decide in advance where the NTP2007 will need to be installed and make sure that the technician is being informed of this location upon his arrival.
- Make sure that you have the necessary security clearance, keys, passwords … in order to guarantee that the technician has immediate and smooth access to:
- The building (if necessary, make the necessary arrangements with your security staff);
- The room where the Proximus entry point in the building is located;
- The server room (if necessary);
- Any other location where the technician may need to perform work.
- Make sure that free internal wiring is present between the Proximus entry point and the room where the modem is installed (or will be installed later).
- Make sure that at least one (1) 230V power socket is available at the location you want the NTP2007 installed.
- Remove any obstacles (furniture, boxes …) that may hinder the technician performing the installation.
THE INSTALLATION: What is included
- If necessary, the technician will install an NTP2007 at the Proximus entry point in the building.
- The technician will assemble the (copper pair) line on the NTP2007 wall socket, then test it and finally label it with a Circuit ID.
In case your equipment (modem, server rack …) is/will come in another room then the room where the Proximus entry point is located:
- If there’s a copper pair between both these locations:
- It is preferred that you ask the technician to install the NTP2007 in the same room as where your equipment (modem, server rack …) is/will come. The modem can be installed where the NTP2007 is, being next to your equipment.
- If he doesn’t, then you can use this copper pair to patch the signal between the Proximus entry point (where the NTP2007 is) and your equipment (modem, server rack …).
IMPORTANT: if the copper pair line is of no good (enough) quality, the modem will need to be installed where the NTP2007 is, being at the Proximus entry point.
- If there’s no copper pair between both these locations:
- The technician will install the NTP2007 at the Proximus entry point;
- The modem will need to be installed where the NTP2007 is, being at the Proximus entry point.
Transport costs are included in the price, as well is the possible cost of the NTP2007.
THE INSTALLATION: What is not included
- Installation of splitter(s)/filter(s).
- Perform any internal cabling works, neither horizontal (= on the same floor), nor vertical (between different floors), nor for esthetical purposes (hide them in cable ducts, neatly mount them at walls or in false ceilings).
IMPORTANT: if you are planning to install your modem in another space than the one in which the Proximus entry point is located, or your modem is currently installed there (like in a server room, an apartment, a specific office somewhere in the building, …), you must ensure that there is free internal wiring present between the Proximus entry point and the desired location. Neither Proximus nor edpnet are responsible for any internal wiring.
- Installation or configuration of any equipment (computer(s), VoIP telephone(s), Wi-Fi network, modem or router(s) ...).
- Installation or configuration of any software (operating system, e-mail client, anti-virus …).
- Installation or configuration of your internal network (firewall, switch(es), router(s), printer(s) or any other devices).