How to identify the entry point
In case the connection point has not been installed yet, you have to check which socket the incoming cable of the Proximus network is connected to.
There are two possible variants:
1. The incoming cable of the Proximus network is connected to the following kinds of boxes:
In older houses other kinds of boxes can be found: black, grey or white boxes with the following logos:
In most cases, the incoming cable is also directly connected to those boxes.
2. In case you have the following kinds of phone sockets,
you have to find the very first phone socket which the Proximus network is connected to.
1. Take a picture of how the wires are connected at the phone socket you have identified as the NTP. Note down which wires have a tone and which wires are meant for extra connections.
2. Disconnect the wires.
3. Make sure if this phone socket is really the NTP: test your phone on all other phone sockets in your house/apartment.
Situation 1 — there is no tone on other phone sockets
It means that the phone socket you have just opened and disconnected is the NTP. You may proceed with the installation.
Situation 2 — you have a tone on another phone socket, but not on the one you have just opened and disconnected
It means that another phone socket where you hear a tone is the NTP. You have to connect back the wires in the phone socket that you have just opened and close the phone socket. Instead, you need to open the phone socket where you’ve just had a tone.
Situation 3 — you have a tone on different phone sockets
It means you have not identified the NTP correctly. There have to be one more phone socket before the phone socket you have opened and disconnected.
You have to connect back the wires in the phone socket that you have opened and close the phone socket. Instead, search for the NTP more thoroughly.
How do I know which pair of wires has a tone?
1. This pair of wires mostly has a bigger diameter than other pairs.
2. In case the fastener is in the lower part of the phone socket, the pair with a tone is connected on the left (connector A B).