How can I install and configure my B-box 2 modem
What do I find in my box
|Power supply||Network Cable||Telephone cable||Modem B-box 2|
Connect the router to my computer
- Connect the power supply to the router [POWER]
- Connect the telephone cable to the wall socket [DSL]
- Connect one side of the network cable to the computer and the other side to the router [LAN1]
Power on the router
Power on the router by pushing the Standby at the frontside. After a selftest (Modem can reboot several times during first use. This process can take several minutes) the router is ready to configure.
How do I determine the status of my router?
Always off: USB port of the B-box 2 is deactivated.
|Internet - Blue|
On: The router is connected to the internet.
|Wi-Fi - Blue|
On: Wi-Fi is enabled in the router.
|Phone 1 and Phone 2 - Blue|
On: The VOIP service is configured properly and active in the router.
|TV (LAN ports 3 and 4) - Blue|
On: (if the port config is changed so that it functions as regular LAN port) Network device is connected to LAN port and turned on.
|LAN (LAN ports 1 and 2) - Blue|
On: Network device is connected to LAN port and turned on.
|DSL - Blue|
On: The router is synchronized.
Configuring your computer
- Click on 'Start' (Windows logo) > 'Control Panel' > 'Network and Internet'.
- Go to 'Network and Sharing Center' > 'Change adapter settings'
- Doubleclick on Local Area Connection to open the LAN-status window.
- Click on the 'Properties' button.
- At this point we advise you to check if there is a networkcard mentioned in the non-active textfield 'Connect using'. If not, please contact your network administrator.
- Select 'Internetprotocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' or v6, if it's active.
- If the 'Internetprotocol (TCP/IPv4)' is not visible in the list, please contact your network administrator.
- Click on the 'Properties' button. Write down the current settings to reconfigure/restore them again if needed.
- Select 'Obtain an IP address automatically'.
- Select 'Obtain DNS server address automatically'.
- Click 'OK' to exit the window and return to 'Local Area Connection properties'.
- Click 'OK' to exit the window and return to 'Network connections'.
How to access my router/modem
To get on the interface of your modem, launch your web browser and enter "192.168.1.1" as the website address in the addressfield. By default there is no password needed to access the interface.
If a password is required, use the serial number of your modem. You can find it at the back or the bottom of the device.
Quick start is the first page you see when you access your B-box 2 for the first time.
As soon as you save the settings on the page Quick Start, you will be forwarded to the page Status. Next time when you connect to your router's interface, you will be also forwarded to this page. Here you will find your IP address, data rate, login used, etc...
Via this page, you can decide to enable or to disable wireless on your modem.
SSID: You can change the name of your wireless network.
SSID broadcast: If you wish to keep your WIFI network hidden u can disable this function.
Channel: Here you can change the Channel (frequency).
Security: You can enable security for your wireless. You can choose between WEP (64 or 128 bits) or WPA security key.
We strongly recommend you to choose at least WPA.
This page allows you to check the synchronization of your line, as well as the attenuation and the noise margin (for ADSL or VDSL).
On this page you can see the synchronization values of a VDSL-connection.
On this page you can see the synchronization values of a ADSL-connection.
Configuring edpnet VOIP telephony
To configure your VOIP account, follow the next steps:
Posted on Jan 10, 2018 | Tags: bbox